Check out my one-on-one tutoring and online classes (Children & Adults):
Science Journaling (Writing)
Applied Math (Project Based)
Sight Words (Memorizing Them)
Study and Testing Skills
Morphology (Spelling, Vocabulary)
Reading In Research (Comprehension)
…Also, Help With All Subject/Content Areas (Science, Language Arts, History)
Reading & Literacy Intervention (all ages, levels)
PRESS HERE FOR DESCRIPTION OF CLASSES
Almost Ready for Cook’s Summer Fun Online Classes and Tutoring…Tell and refer your friends please for this intervention and enrichment really helps with Summer Progression instead of Regression!! Note: Summer is a great time to do my evaluation and grade readiness report (can be sent to school)!! SUMMER FUN BROCHURE PRESS HERE…also check out..
Cook’s Evaluation & Cost
Cook’s Complete Elbert Evaluation Finding Their Strengths, Gifts, & Learning Uniquenesses- The Complete Elbert Evaluation is a complete learning difference screening for:
Specific Language Impairment (SLI)
Visual Processing Disorder (VPD)
Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Central Processing Disorder (CAPD)
Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD)
Autism plus Irlen Syndrome
Twice Exceptionality (2e)/Gifted and Talented
including Social/Emotional (Anger/Shame) Domain
Gifts, Strengths, & Special Interest
*The cost is $150. Cost $250 if includes recommendations and accommodations (Read More HERE).
In My ELBERT evaluation, I help you uncover their learning uniquenesses and give suggestions, so you can work with their strengths and gifts including interest (there are 3 to choose from). In My ELBERT intervention, I give you steps of learning intervention and enrichment along with the scope and sequence (there are 11 to choose from). My Complete My ELBERT program also includes the important help for the triune brain which includes the following: Brainstem- I have a fight, flight and freeze sympathetic/parasympathetic which is called My ELBERT The Learning Uniquenesses Checklist: The Ultimate SEL Checklist; Midbrain- a screening for vestibular, proprioceptive, somatic issues, along with speech/language development, auditory and visual processing; Limbic- My lesson plan template that includes the 4 F’s: Facts, Forms/Functions, Feelings & Future along with a progress monitoring tool; Cordial- holistic, alternative suggestions for taking care of the whole child’s individual, dynamic needs. Lastly, my program, My ELBERT, includes a self-guided literacy intervention program because literacy (speaking, writing, reading, etc) heals the soul. I offer online training, specialized intervention, and other coaching through a course on understanding Dyslexia and consulting (first one Free)!
What is neurodiversity?
People with dyslexia and other forms of neurodiversity have sound and language processing problems. They will struggle to connect letters to sounds and, mainly difficulties identifying speech sounds and learning how they relate to letters and words; as well, those with visual processing difficulties struggle to understand visual information such as letters, shapes, or objects and problems processing the graphic symbols (mainly, problems with convergence). Other difficulties related to the absorption and processing of sounds [sounds especially can be omitted from words by the student], students with dyslexia most commonly omit letter sounds, words, phrases in the middle position, then the end, and least commonly the beginning. When they omit, they might do sound confusions such as repetition(s), substitution(s), addition(s) or delete altogether, on the other hand; transversal(s) and reversal(s) are more common in students with a visual processing difficulties. P.S. I suggest -have them remember: if it doesn’t look or sound right reread or rewrite till your brain feels like “it’s just right” [trust your brain-you are smart, you can do it, and you are love]. Ask me how I can help you by tutoring, coaching, consulting and/or training! [Retrieved from https://myelberteveryonelearnsbetterembracingrevolutionaryteaching.com/author/tcookedu/].
Check out my
coaching classes and what I offer:
My ELBERT: Remembering Calm & Listening Skills
- Understanding Dyslexia and Other Learning Differences
- Neurodivergent Learning Management Techniques & Classroom Management
- ECE Children’s Literature Read Aloud
- Family Attachment & Parenting with Language and Literacy
- ABC’s including Autonomy, Attunement & Adaptability
- Breathing & Calming Exercises and Activities
- Journaling & Poetry for Atonement
- Bible Study (Relations, Intentions, & Affirmations- including Bible Brain Balancing)
- Remembering Calm & Listening Skills (Brainstorming Emotions/Mind Maps & Tools for Calm)
My ELBERT: Helping Those with a Neurodifference Enjoy Learning Again
- Career & College Readiness Including ACT/SAT (15 plus-adult)
- Study Skills/Test Taking Strategies (such as Mind Mapping)
- School & Grade Level Readiness
- Positive Guidance/Discipline with Language and Literacy
- Bible Literacy (Children & Adults)
- Identity & Building Character with Language and Literacy
DESCRIPTIONS OF COACHING PRESS HERE
***CHECK OUT MORE HERE…These trainings start back June 20th!!
What is neurodivergency?
I consult to help others discover their own/someone else’s learning uniquenesses, interest, and how to use their gifts and strengths. Those with a neurodifference usually have a neurodivergency; meaning, they often have intuitive and insightful, well-developed social awareness and emotions while possessing a lexicon of words to help with the synonymous “why’s of dyslexia”. They also have deep and holistic, list-form type thinking including: problem-solving and building/constructing abilities, competitive drive, computer skills, and gaming strategies. They seek our own endeavors of creative, imaginative, visual, artistic, and visionary skills while taking on inventing and innovating pursuits. I can also tell you that they may excel at thinking of “outside the box” solutions, seeing a problem from many sides, and patterns/spatial relationships along with the ability to think in 3 dimensions-using their strong evaluation skills and imagination (capable of observing patterns of: color, shape, size, dimension, rhythm, meter, tone, and chant). They have an innate ability for caring for people, animals and nature [Note: sometimes due to circumstances they go against their own nature in this respect]. Lastly, I prepare students with unique learning and neurodifferences to connect to the world with enrichment classes through my program MY ELBERT. [Retrieved from https://myelberteveryonelearnsbetterembracingrevolutionaryteaching.com/author/tcookedu/].
As Nancy Doyle PhD article on the topic writes, “I will always be a cheerleader for the amazing abilities of neurominorities [approx. 23%] we must address the harm that reductive labelling can do when we tip over from a strengths based perspective to the superpowers narrative.” [retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/drnancydoyle/2021/03/04/from-deficit-to-superpowers-is-it-ableist-to-focus-on-neurodivergent-strengths/?sh=53b04b937b54]
Two Types Of Literacy Intervention Learners, I Observed That Go Most Unrecognized In Their Gifts:
- The Students with the “Engineering Mind”: a student who spends hours taking things apart and putting them back together, creating things, assembling and un-assembling ex. legos, blocks. They are setting things apart to see how they can fix them, problem-solution thinkers (descibed above). They are are natural engineers. It is inherent in their curious nature. As they grow, almost instinctively they show great interest in shapes (using evaluation kills descibed above) and numbers. They tend to be shy and seems to have a different cognitive processing speed: https://www.edsurge.com/news/2022-04-05-students-have-different-thinking-speeds-inclusive-teaching-means-realizing-that.
- The Students with the “Technical Mind”: which is what I describe as a “technical thinker” (similar to the “engineering minded” with divergent abilities). They can or tend to understand/provide complex information to readers/listeners in a way that they can understand and apply, even if they don’t have prior knowledge of the topic; Yet, they are truly interest-based learners at the same time. “Technical thinkers” can explain, especially verbally with a rather large lexicon knowledge, how a particular subject works or how and what’s needed to complete a task or project including: list-form, divergent, systematic thinking and somewhat linear-so they can express the topic that can be structured in the following step-by-step instructions. Note: sometimes needed to be given the “right tools for anaysis” in order to express/communicate to others. This is my job!
- Note: I have noticed both of these types of learners are “doers” and need structure along with autonomy (avoid disparagement); They need to be independently doing something to learn and apply their divergent reasoning (opposite of typical scientific method observing (first), then hypothesis-theory and test by moving, touching, following interest, writing something technical, application of skills such as technological, etc..). They, as well, can have a learning difference (neurodiversity). They are also “strong willed” and know technically what they have “in mind” to work on, so again please let them be autonomous and independent in their work. They may have a strong purpose in their special interest that could change problems to the world!! As well, a possible sensory processing sensitivity (SPS, as measured by the highly sensitive self-test), which corresponds most closely in theory to what we refer to as “hypersensitivity” or “high sensitivity”–check out sensitivity as a personality trait bearing the following characteristics:
- greater depth of information processing
- heightened emotional reactivity and empathy (emotional intensity)
- increased awareness of subtle changes in one’s environment
- greater propensity for overstimulation
- Read here …See My work HERE. Lastly, I observe these gifts mostly in my Gifted and Talented and/or Twice Exceptional with overexcitabilites!! Does this describe your child? Ask me about “The Steve Jobs” type (strong see overexcitabilies and early dev. in logical-mathemtaical thinking); “The Tom Cruise” type (strong see overexcitabilies and early dev. in emotions/drama); “The Richard Branson” type (strong see overexcitabilies and early dev. in entrepreneurship/creativity); “Einstein” type (strong see all overexcitabilies and early dev. in science specially physics) along with more eccentricities:
- Read here …https://www.understood.org/articles/en/all-about-twice-exceptional-students
#Twice-Exceptional Students | #2e Learners | #understood.org I #Gifted and Learning DisabilitiesI #MOST MISUNDERSTOOD [Retrieved from https://myelberteveryonelearnsbetterembracingrevolutionaryteaching.com/author/tcookedu/].
Who do you work and what do you train on in the area of SEN Read here …
Trainings on Neurodevelopmental Disorders (NDDs): Neurodiverity in Auditory Processing; Neurodevelopmental Disorders (NDDs); Neurodiverity in Visual Processing; Dysphonetic “Auditory” Dyslexia; Dyseidetic “Visual-Surface” Dyslexia; Directional “Geographic-Spacial” Dyslexia; Dysphoneidetic “Mixed” Dyslexia; Developmental Dyslexia; Acquired Dyslexia; Stealth Dyslexia; Gifted & Talented; (2E) Twice Exceptionality; (ADHD-Any of the 3 types) Attention-Deficit Disorder; (SPD) Sensory Processing Disorder; (IDD) Interoceptive Discrimination Disorder (DCD) Developmental Coordination Disorder; (SLI) Specific Language Impairment (DLD); Developmental Language Disorder, and many more.
Book Now: email@example.com or Contact Here
What is neruopedagogy?
My current practice is a holistic, alternative approach to being and aims to learn how to stimulate new zones of the brain, and increase self-directed neuroplasticity, and create connections (neuropathways) for learning to be successful. Furthermore, it is targeted at naturally stimulating the brains of all types of learners, not only those with students who have learning differences. You need to know that my neuropedagogy is based on the following: my own inductive reasoning, logic of evaluation, outside-of-the box problem-solving skills, detective sense contributed to my own gift of neurodivergency, gift of knowledge and wisdom (discernment), countless hours of student observations (Montessori), (w)holism, neuroscientific, neuropsychology, educational research (Orton-Gillingham, “Science of Reading”), and spiritual/religious studies (Nouthetic Counseling) along with my perpetual care for the “whole person”. We identify goals and potential solutions to problems which cause emotional turmoil; seek to improve communication and coping skills; strengthen self-esteem and connection (unity) with God; and promote behavior change and optimal mental health. [Retrieved from https://myelberteveryonelearnsbetterembracingrevolutionaryteaching.com/author/tcookedu/].
Check out my consulting classes and what I offer:
Are YOU Ready To Enjoy An Affordable, Reading, Writing, & Speaking Holistic Intervention For Your Student/Child? Where they develop A Unique Sense Of Trust In Themselves, Their Gifts, & How They Process Information. Now you too can enjoy your thriving student/child, even if you don’t have specialized training….we offer trainings to which Learning That Appeals To The “Whole Person”… MY Elbert Coaching Model HERE and My Elbert Coaches/Consultants HERE
DESCRPTION OF TRAINING/CONSULTING PRESS HERE
I’m offering courses and professional development opportunities for parents, tutors/teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, any stakeholders really…as well as, those who have dementia and work with the aging population!! That’s right, with consulting opportunities I’m interested in guiding global governments to embrace a neuropedagogy such as mine. DO YOU WANT MY COMPLETE LIST OF PD TRAINING???
Does your child/student struggle with learning? Here is what My Elbert can screen for:
**Screenings held weekly…Description and Cost
Since I’m a Dyslexia Interventionist and Reading Specialist with an SLP background, I do a pre-diagnostic My ELBERT evaluation/screening to see if testing needs to be done or if there is another underlying problem that needs to be addressed. This is not a diagnosis, more like pre-planning or “first steps”. Also includes a FIRST ONE FREE Consultation (30 min to discuss my observations).
I observed the student’s sensory acute response to stress and interview teachers the child, and parents, observe input/output of motor, verbal, and written behaviors in response to a literacy activity such as a phonics inventory, word- sound knowledge, phonological awareness exercises, and working memory activities along with the student’s interest survey and overall behaviors based on executive, somatic and autonomic functioning.
Note: “One highly cited study showed that around 80 percent of children with dyslexia had both phonological and surface dyslexia, while 20 percent had only one of the two.”https://www.understood.org/en/learning-thinking-differences/child-learning-disabilities/dyslexia/different-types-of-dyslexia
Learn more HERE about Neurodiversity!
What is the best way to support those with Neurodevelopmental disorders or Neurodiversity in later onset?
You might need to get ahold of me if…
You might need to contact me for help if you or your child/student can’t be reached and seems disconnected; Also, when it comes to learning, they show some or all of the following emotions and challenges: anger, frustration, shame, and sadness; has chronic headaches, stomach aches, hives; appears to have low-self esteem; squints when reading; feels behind or “different” than the other kids; has behavioral and learning challenges; emotionally intense or desensitized; complains; thrives for constant attention; labeled emotionally intense, gifted and talented or twice- exceptional; has trouble focusing or paying attention; destroys their pencil, eraser, and crumples up their paper after working very hard; problems with organization or being on time; poor eye-contact, body-space awareness; sleep and/or digestive problems; has problems spelling or with handwriting; complete interest-based learner; grips pencil very hard; has glasses but still complains about not seeing the letters or words, ultra-sensitive, problems with authority; doodles on paper or anything else; problems understanding verbal directions; picks and scratches at their skin and nails; can be needy, clingy, and “whinny”; known to “complain” a lot; described as dramatic, creative and very imaginative by others; been or going to be held back in school; has trouble connecting to others; tired all the time; great with verbal comprehension and large lexicon, shows anxiety, anxiousness, or depression; overactive-reads, writes, moves, and thinks extremely fast or slow; sensory- processing or working memory problems or issues; constantly moving hands/feet or fidgeting; overly kind or pleasing others; considerably ‘moody’; known for “daydreaming” or lacking focus; aggressive and violent; gets low grades: yet, highly intelligent; can comprehend well but has trouble with spelling/reading fluency; averse to learning or trying something new (resilience) as well as low in motivation!
Consulting Press HERE
Thanks, Tricia Cook,
M. Ed., RSP, AOG, Montessorian, Emotional Intensity Advocate, Dyslexia Interventionist
#education #ASC #mentalhealth #ADHD #student #dyslexia #myelbert #trauma
MY STORY & My ELBERT FOR BEHAVIOR & EMOTIONAL INTENSITY HELP
The Door Opened to Gaining “God’s Spirit”
Due to learning with trauma and learning struggles, I had a troubled heart, possibly because of my own anger and shame as well as it being intergenerational…till age 42, To Him Be ALL THE GLORY !
From my childhood, I had heard so many negative comments that I felt like…I couldn’t do anything right, I was stupid, and “nobody liked me”- this “learning with trauma” had me to develop “Vainglory” by living daily with strife, that, in my later years, I was almost to the point spiritual death. As you can imagine, growing up with a learning disability [lableled severely learning disabled in 1982], these comments of the untruths became my inner thoughts and I believed them. Until mid-adult years, I discovered the veil of being imperfect was ego… [prides] illusion and not what God had intended for His child, me. I thought Jesus was already in my heart; yet, looking back, I had not entirely invited Him fully inside my heart and mind, until the “dark night of the soul” situation happened in my life; I had simply not surrendered my heart and let Him completely into my mind, becoming born-again which means gaining “God’s Spirit” (becoming full) and a Christ-like mind (becoming complete). Note: God, in His Will and His timing, uncovered the TRUTH. His light had to look into and uncover my problems and emotions, then unto some issues and sin of my childhood and beyond. I had learned the importance of prayer, meditation, movement, daily revelation, intention, and affirmations with scripture reading; basically, I felt like a door had opened and the veil over my heart was released and read more here.
Nurture Their Nature
I’m also looking for consultants, coaches, and tutors for My Elbert.
Learn More here: https://lnkd.in/dw7-9cV